Classic Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse
This blue my socks off the other night when my sister Kelly whipped it up for desert. Probably shouldn’t have the inulin in the sugar/dairy free chocolate but gave it a whirl. Blown away by the fact of having a DESERT! since being on the diet (going on three to four months now). Must give this one a go again for mousse has got to be one of my all time favorite deserts.
15 g (1/2 oz (1 tablespoon of Dairy free margarine
1 tablespoon of Cognac or brandy
4 large free-range eggs, separated
2. Stir in the margarine and Cognac and microwave very briefly.
3. Now stir in the egg yolks. in another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are stiff and forming firm peaks.
4. Now fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture using a metal spoon.
5. Gently spoon the mousse mixture into each ramekin and carefully level off.
6. Cover each mousse with clingfilm (plastic wrap) and chill them for several hours or until they are firmly set.
7. Remove the clingfilm (plastic wrap) and serve each ramekin on a little plate with a couple of tiny
Gluten free, Dairy free cookies,