Splice an’ dice

by stronged

Cutting the interviews together has been quite a long process. I have had two sweeps of the material already, each pass trimming down the information to it’s most essential components. First I trimmed back each interview to useable sentences and points, listing the information in a chronological manner. I then mapped out each individual interview with the three common themes that I found wove through everyone’s discussion about the Bend: Community, Flora and Fauna.

I colour coded each interview to see how much I had of each area. Thankfully I found Fauna wasn’t as prolific as I thought it may have been. I am still concerned that I have no footage of fauna around the Bend due to not having a telephoto lens to spot wildlife from afar.

Evernote Snapshot 20130929 144908

 

And how it grows…

Evernote Snapshot 20130929 144909

 

My next step was to map out a topic-matrix that will allow me to hone in on particular topics that everyone has spoken about. My idea is to trim back each of these conglomerations to see what are the strongest points; where the quality and quantity of information is clearest and most evidentiary.

Evernote Snapshot 20130930 105047

 

I feel like I am going about this the long way but must continue to roll with it because changing my system now will knock me back a couple of steps.

Advertisements